The Nurse Break
Entries may be submitted until 11.59 PM on December 1st 2021.
Entries received after this date will not be eligible to be part of the competition.
To enter, entrants must, during the Submission Period, submit their story via email in word doc or PDF to email@example.com
Entrants will be required to provide their full name, email address, AHPRA registration number and phone number. For winners, they will need to provide a postal address via email. Winners will be confirmed via social media and email.
Entry will be restricted to enrolled and registered nurses and midwives who are currently registered with Ahpra in Australia.
Entries must be a single story with the themes of ‘Nursing during a pandemic’.
Written entries must be a maximum of 1,000 words, in English, and must be submitted as a text document (MS Word) or PDF.
Winning entries will be published on the “The Nurse Break” website and its associated social media accounts.
The winners will also be offered the option to share their story on a podcast / Live Q&A hosted by Jackson Heilberg – Founder of The Nurse Break. The podcast will be published on the “The Nurse Break” website and its associated social media accounts.
A panel of judges will decide the two winners:
Benny Crook Is an Emergency clinical nurse educator with a love for all things trauma. He has 10 years ED and trauma experience and aims to make learning fun. He also runs a successful podcast for all emergency professionals called EDjam.
Dr Joy Penman is an academic, senior lecturer and researcher. She has over 35 years of teaching experience in nursing and pharmacy locally and abroad.
Asthon Kline is a registered nurse and Senior Nursing Lecturer at one of Australia’s top universities. He has extensive clinical and teaching experience in the areas of paediatrics, intensive care, acute and community nursing. He is completing a Master’s of Ed. focused in Higher Education with The University of Melbourne.
They will judge each story on three criteria:
- depth of experience that informs the writing.
The criteria will be allocated a score out of ten by each judge and then from the top stories, the winners will be awarded.
Prior to publication, The Nurse Break will be entitled to edit a submission in consultation with the entrant.
Win a nursing CPD online course of your choice to the value of $330 AUD from one of Australia’s best nursing education providers!
About: Established In 2007 ECT4Health is a nurse education provider based in Queensland. Principle Rob Timmings is a Registered Nurse with a passion for acute clinical nursing education with a focus on evidence base and scientific foundations. He has become known as one of Australia’s most engaging nursing educators. ECT4Health runs a Facebook and Instagram, ECTopic podcast, the KYJ blog and YouTube.
Win a 30min online meditation session valued at $50 and amazing quality body soaps valued at $64 from MoodMantras run by nurse Ellie.
About: As an emergency nurse, Ellie knows that illness and your emotional state go hand in hand and through mindfulness, MoodMantras aims to reduce stress within the body which decreases symptoms collectively allowing you to live your life with a more positive health outcome.
Win 2-hour coaching for free. Could be for anything career-related, CV, interview, mindset, leadership, goal setting, nurseprenuership.Valued at $450
About: Liams Caswell coaches nurses to monetise their skillset, communicate their achievements and build a career on their terms. He is a senior nurse leader in Australia with extensive international experience. He also runs the podcast High-Performance Nursing.
Win x1 Teeshirt of your choice. Valued at $79.99
Check them out here
Runner up submission prize
Win x3 amazing scented candles from Mental Health candle company Pandles. The first candle company to give back and squash stigma in mental health! RRP $135
Win x1 Teeshirt of your choice. Valued at $79.99
Check them out here
The winners will be contacted by phone or email.
The Nurse Break will notify entrants before their story is published.
Further Terms and Conditions
- Each entry must be submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting an entry, an entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and The Nurse Break may, in its absolute discretion, refuse to award a Prize to any entrant who fails to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- Entries must be original works written by an individual author.
- Copyright in an entry will remain with the entrant.
- Entries must not infringe upon anyone else’s copyright.
- Entries that are deemed to be works of plagiarism or that contain copyright infringements will not be published and no prize will be awarded,
- Entries that contain material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or hateful to another person or entity, including Federal or State Governments, its employees, contractors, partners, suppliers, competitors or other stakeholders, or would otherwise damage The Nurse Break’s reputation, will not be eligible for publication and no prize will be awarded.
- Volunteers including Moderators of the FB page and editors of The Nurse Brek will be ineligible to enter the Competition.
How to Enter
- To enter, entrants must follow the Entry Procedure and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be ineligible for publication.
- The Nurse Break reserves the right to disqualify an entry in the event of non-compliance with the Conditions of Entry or the Terms and Conditions.
- Any entry received after expiry of the Submission Period will not be eligible for publication.
- The Nurse Break will not accept responsibility for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- All decisions made by The Nurse Break in relation to any aspect of the Competition are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. If the Prize becomes unavailable, The Nurse Break reserves the right to substitute a product of equal value or specification, subject to any applicable laws or written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Each entrant warrants to The Nurse Break that his or her entry is their own work, is complete and accurate and has been submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Nurse Break will not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or other errors (whether technical or otherwise) that may occur in the course of conducting the Competition.
- The Nurse Break accepts no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- To the full extent permitted by law, The Nurse Break will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses or loss whatsoever (whether direct or inconsequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition or accepting or using the Prize.
- The Nurse Break will accept no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may be incurred by an entrant from winning the Prize.
- By entering this Competition, each entrant releases The Nurse Break, it’s Founder, Volunteers, employees and agents from, and indemnifies each of them against, any and all liability or loss, damage or injury of any kind arising from or in connection with this Competition or the Prize.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria.